Gothenburg is home to Scandinavia’s largest port. It is excellent geographical position for reaching all parts of Scandinavia and the Baltic. 70% of Scandinavia's total industrial capacity is located within a 500-kilometre radius.
Gothenburg is a logistics centre with RoRo playing an important commercial role. The city also boasts significant plants for SKF, Volvo, and Ericsson.
- 500 085 inhabitants (926,654 in the metropolitan area)
- 25 theatres
- 20 museums
- 175 square metres of green space per citizen
- 237 trams
- 12 tramlines
- 2 airports
- 668 restaurants
- 5 restaurants with one star in the Michelin Guide Rouge
- 54 art galleries
- 7 Paddan sightseeing boats
- 10,212 hotel rooms in the Gothenburg region
- 112 hotels in the Gothenburg region
- 180 shops in Nordstan shopping mall
- 167 cafés
- 6 archipelago passenger ferries and 3 harbour ferries
- 10,940 ship-moorings a year
- 2,650,000 ferry passengers a year
- 19 golf courses within 30 minutes by car
Visit the Gothenburg Tourist website
The Swedish Exhibition & Congress Centre's unique location in the city makes it easy and convenient to visit .
From the Central Station
Take a number 2 or 4 tram from Drottningtorget. You can also take a number 5 tram from Brunnsparken. The trams stop at Korsvägen opposite the Swedish Exhibition & Congress Centre and Gothia Towers.
From Landvetter Airport
The airport bus stops at Korsvägen opposite the Swedish Exhibition & Congress Centre.
From Gothenburg City Airport (Säve Airport).
The airport bus stops at Nils Ericssonsplatsen/Central Station. You can take a tram from there, as described above.
On arriving in Gothenburg, turn off at the "Mässan Scandinavium Liseberg" sign. Park in the multi-storey car park at Focus shopping centre, next to the Swedish Exhibition & Congress Centre. There is a foot bridge from here to the Swedish Exhibition & Congress Centre.
E6 motorway, southbound from Stockholm/Oslo or northbound from Malmö.
E20 motorway, southbound from Stockholm/Oslo or northbound from Malmö.
Highway 40 from Borås.
Highway 45 from Karlstad.